The Morning of...

Okay, so no one is as interested in this as I am, but I got some pictures of the morning of my wedding from my dear, dear, dear friend Bethany...

I love her!

So, here is a run down of the morning of my wedding - this will be a day that I remember as one of the most happy in my life forever, I'm sure...

At a little before 7 a.m. my cell phone rang. It was a lady from the mail distribution center in Morgantown letting me know that my Passport had finally come in. WE WERE GOING ON OUR HONEYMOON!!!!! WHEW HOO!

My darling father and wonderful brother (two of the most helpful people alive) went to pick it up so I could enjoy my morning.

I had an AWESOME time with my Father that morning and was just so overwhelmed at His kindness towards me in SO many ways. He is so faithful! I was so thankful to have my passport, so thankful to have such AWESOME family and friends, and SOOOOOOOO thankful to be getting married - and not just getting married, but to someone so perfectly wired for me! I LOVE HIM!

Ok, so anyways, Bethany and I got ready and headed to breakfast downstairs in the hotel restaurant with my lovely friends Andrea and Nichole. I was wearing the fabulous white sweat-suit my mom had generously bought me - she actually bought three and two different pairs of sandals bc she wasn't sure which ones would fit or I would like! How cute!



The food and service was great, but the time with my friends was even better! THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS! My bridesmaids had put together this cute bag for me to take on my honeymoon and filled it with sweet letters to encourage and love on me and little things I could use on the trip (all suited to their personalities I must say). That was one of my favorite moments of my day. I kept thinking how blessed I was to have such dears friends who know me so intimately and STILL love me. Wow.

Anyways, then Bethany and I went to Portfolio's to get our hair and make-up done! How fun was that! I was a little nervous about my hair, I confess, but as soon as Ted finished my make-up, I was excited again.

During that time my beloved sister-in-law was transporting one of my sweet bridesmaids, Becky to my grandma's to pick up her dress which was being altered and Daryl was just awaking and pondering going to the gym :) (Josy and Cody - your e-card was PERFECTO!)

Anyways, after getting all ready we hit the road for the church. No time to eat - we had to go. And I was OH so excited! (Did I mention that Bethany had the coolest hair do ever?)

It's funny all the thoughts that race through your head on your way to get married - what if we wreck? Is someone going to see me that shouldn't? I'M SO EXCITED!"

When we arrived, I was so excited to get inside I just wanted to jump and run! Fortunately, the insanely long veil I was carrying and my pinned up hair saved my lady-like reputation (wink wink) and kept me moving slow and poised - hee hee.

When we entered the church almost all the bridesmaids were there all bustling around, looking as awesome as ever!!!! Alison was steaming my dress - what a life savor you were!, and everything was going awesome. Kadie had even brought cute little tubs of snacks and drinks!!!! She saved us all from passing out which is definitely worth commending.

I WAS SO ESTATIC - I didn't even look in the mirror until after Scott took preliminary pictures.

But then, we just had to sit and wait. Which I confess was fun at times, but I could hardly stand it... I just wanted to get married. So here's how we passed the time...



Not to mention, many awesome friends stopped in to say hello, Sarah Chartschlaa came all the way from Lynchburg to tell me stories :), Nichole was kind enough to do a hygiene check for me, and we almost got Lauren Byrer to sing a song from the Passion.

Thanks for the memories...It really was one of the most fun times of my entire life.

Comments

Popular Posts