Daryl Posts!!!!


Okay, so Daryl got tagged by my brother Jarod, so here is his response (mainly because I've been dying to know how he'd respond, and I must say, I wasn't disappointed - especially in number 3, hee hee...I love him!)...

6 random things about myself:

1. My deepest desire is to delight more in God. I’ve learned many things about Him in my 8+ years as a Christian, but I LONG to delight in Him like the Psalmist (Psalm 37).
2. I love Mac computers, probably more than I should. I used to think they were useless toys, but now there are 3 (!) in our little house. At least we didn’t spend any of our own money on them.
3. I marvel at my wife every day. When I first saw her, I was amazed at how her love for God flowed out of her. Now I get to see that every day and I don’t get used to it. By the way, she’s also smart and beautiful. God is truly generous.
4. I love taking care of our lawn. I want it to be perfectly green and lush, without blemish ☺. Of course, it’s not, partly because I won’t spend the time to make it that way, and partly because I don’t know how. I also love trees. I recently bought a field guide on identifying trees. That probably sounds pathetically geeky, but oh well.
5. I love teaching and writing papers, but I wish I could focus on one at a time so I could do them as well as I possibly could. In fact, I don’t like to do things unless I can do them really well. It might sound wise, but it’s really a manifestation of pride.
6. I miss my Doberman, Simon. He was an incredibly loving, smart, and loyal companion. I hope we get another one soon.

Comments

Popular Posts