Tonight Daryl had accountability group at OUR house (that's still fun) and so I vacated the premises so the guys could be alone for "man time." :)

I headed to Target in search for this cool pub mirror with hooks to hang in the entry way of our house and somehow ended up returning home with a coupon book, a thing of paper clips, a lamp shade, and some thank you cards. Suffering from buyer's remorse and going through shopping justification in my head didn't seem as big of a deal when I was single, but now not only do I, BB&T, and God know that I overspent, so does Daryl :) Uh oh.

What's a girl to do?



Anyways, as I was pondering my purchases (all of which I will put to good use I should add) and why I got more than I intended, I decided its really not so much because I'm HUGELY materialistic (let's just be honest - I'm more materialistic than I would like to be), or because I'm frivolous or part-take in consumer debt, it's mainly because I had a lot of time on my hands and wasn't very focused.

When I go grocery shopping, I'm focused. I have a precise list with just the ingredients and snack items needed for the meals on our schedule for the week and that's what I get. Not so with my Target trip. I thought, "I have to pick up the mirror and then I'll just 'meander' around." No real plan involved.

I wonder how often in life God would like to grab my face and say "FOCUS! Stick to the plan! I want one thing from you" - okay so two, 1) to love Him, and 2) to love others, and I try to do 80 things; most of which don't even align with each other.

I thought about how bad it would if Daryl kept losing focus on me and being distracted by billions of other things. I would HATE it and cry and whine and want to eat a lot of chocolate but be too sick on my stomach to do that, and yet I lose focus on my Father and what He wants from me all the time.

Anyways, all that from a pub mirror with hooks...

Comments

Popular Posts