Can you hear me now???

Supposedly, this is what are baby looks like right now as far as drawings go. This week it's little ears are formed and it can hear! Whattoexpect.com said it is actually even startled by loud noises like the dog barking, but that this will help it to sleep through loud noises later - bark on Simon!!!

Anyways, one site I was reading said that typically if you sing certain songs to your baby it will recognize them when it comes out and that the songs will calm them.

I've always been a little too analytical for anyone's good, but ever since I read that I've been wondering what songs I should pick to sing over and over. It's been a tough decision, and just tonight I decided on my first one.

I know the baby won't know the meaning of words for a while, but I want to infiltrate it's little head as soon as possible with meaningful things. Tonight as I was reading I realized I was humming the song, "Jesus Loves Me."

I kind of laughed because it's been so long since I've sang that song, and I'm also one for not liking things that have been really overused, but as I thought about it a little more seriously I realized that God's love is for sure one of the key truths we want our baby to grasp asap and that the song is simply and exceptionally true. If God illuminates that truth to our little one, how much better will it's life be?

Anyways, that's song 1. If you have any other good ideas, let me know.

And remember,

"Yes, Jesus loves [you]. Yes, Jesus loves [you]. Yes, Jesus loves [you]. The Bible tells [us] so."

Love, Lauren

sorry the pictures pretty graphic :)

Comments

Popular Posts