The Calm Before the Storm

Does that sound ominous or what?

No, we aren't expecting any major terrors around the corner, but in about 2.5 months we will have an addition to our family - and one that is basically completely dependent on us. Look - you can tell she's really in there (and no, my brother isn't having a baby too, he just wishes he looked as cool as me).

Based on conversations with many friends who have recently had babies, Daryl and I are planning for the first 3 months at least to be like war! :) While you can't prepare for what life will be like after baby, we have been assured that things will be different - especially in regards to my sleep.

So tonight we are just chilling. I confess that unless it's a weekend evening I often feel very lazy if I'm not doing something productive - even if it means having coffee with a friend, making phone calls, or writing letters. But I've decided that any chances we get to just chill out these next few months, I better enjoy!

That doesn't mean we are becoming hermotized sloths, but it does mean that tonight after cleaning up dinner I sat on the couch with Daryl and watched him play video games and now we are in bed reading (and blogging)...and just for fun - not for increased learning or anything. I even took a 30 minute nap today.

I know these moments may be fewer and farther between in the near future, so I am relishing it. :)

Any last minute date ideas before baby arrives?

ps - thanks for all of the condolences/prayers regarding Simon. We are doing MUCH better already. :)

Comments

Popular Posts