Invasion...


Yes, it's true. Something has taken over my body and at current, my datebook! :) Daryl often says I have a parasite inside of me, which isn't very nice - sorry, Anna - but often makes me laugh.

For a while I thought pregnancy was cute and great - somewhere in between the vomit stage and the "I feel like a human bowling ball" stage! Now I think I'm pretty much over it. I can't wait to buy fun clothes again or be able to be on my feet all day without having leg cramps at night.

For those of you who know me well, you know that I am somewhat of a planning freak. Our calendar is up to date with my activities in one color, Daryl's in another, and ours as a couple in yet another. On the left side I have a list of what we'll be eating for the week and I do my grocery shopping only once a week. I have a hard time not spazzing out when the kind person serving me and loading items in bags for me rearranges the order - this means the produce is no longer tidy in one bag, the frozen goods are separated, etc - don't they know I arrange things on the belt in categories for a reason?!!!!

While some of my planning tactics are great and beneficial to the productivity and comfort of our home, some of it is just me not resting in and being content in God's Sovereignty.

For instance, it has caused me much distress that I now have four invitations pinned to our bulletin board that I don't know how to respond to because Anna hasn't told us when she plans to come out. I have dinners scheduled, parties we've RSVPed too and menus planned and I don't know if we'll even show up. Doesn't Anna know Daddy's work schedule could use some prior notice too? :)

But these problems won't stop once she's arrived. I still won't know exactly what size bathing suit I'll need for the summer (or if I'll even be willing to wear one for that matter) or exactly when Daryl and I can leave her to go camping, etc. I'll have to continue to wait. God, are you trying to teach me something?!!! I think so!

I love the verse in Proverbs 31 that says, "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." She trusts God, but is also as prepared as she can be - dependence and obedience :) When things don't go as planned, she can laugh because she trusts her Father.

I have a feeling we may be laughing a lot around here soon!

We are so excited to meet Anna and can't believed God has blessed us with such a great pregnancy and gift!

Comments

Popular Posts