My Baby is 2 Today!

I can't believe my darling Anna is already two! More importantly, I can't believe how much grace God has expressed to Daryl & I through her and how much joy He has provided us in Him through her. What a gift! Happy Birthday to you, Anna! We are beyond grateful God created you and rejoice that His works are wonderful!!!!!!!!

Her BIRTH day



Her first birthday celebration


Her second year :)



Darling Anna Grace,

I distinctly remember the first time I heard you cry! What a flood of joy! I remember the poor anesthesiologist standing over me repeatedly asking if I was okay because I was sobbing with joy! Haha - poor guy.

I remember the first time I looked into your pretty little eyes and at that time (not so much now) thinking - "how weird - she looks so much like me". Sad that those were my first thoughts, but that was them :)

Since then you have grown and changed so much - now it is hard to say who you look like. Although I see pieces of others we love sometimes in your appearance, your expressions and your personality, you are so wonderfully you. Unique and perfectly who God wants you to be!

You are inquisitive and fun. Such a thinker :) You are tentative and love your family. You are reserved when introduced to new groups of people but after a while you are a running, bouncing, laughing, chatting, singing little thing. *Currently you are flipping through your little white Bible and singing "Jesus loves me" to Nadia. :)

You enjoy life SO much. You love learning and teaching. You often mimic your mommy :) You are girlie in a lot of ways - you know you are beautiful and love to have accessories, but you are also tough - you always say, "I'm ok" real fast when you fall and you and Daddy love exploring in the dirt, rocks, etc. I can't keep you from mixing colors with playdough or getting chalk all over you in the driveway.

You are always talking with me and you often sing now - you sing songs you've heard or you even make up new ones with whatever it is you are thinking about. You've always loved for me to read to you but now you often ask to "read it myself".

We often refer to you as a "delight" and Daddy and I think it's awesome how you bring other people (your extended family, our friends, and even random people in the grocery store!) such joy, too.

We pray your life will continue to be a blessing, but that most of all you will love and trust Jesus Christ and that your life will glorify Him - in this you will be most joyful. What a joy to watch you grow little one!


24 " ' "The LORD bless you
and keep you;

25 the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;

26 the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace." '

Numbers 6:24-26

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Sweet Anna! We enjoyed celebrating with you. Jackson won't let go of his ball.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts