Our Easter Day

I know that holidays are just like every other day, but I love them. I especially love how they remind me to emphasize something again (Christmas - God become man and all that is wrapped up in that, Thanksgiving - how much we have to be grateful for, Easter - Jesus is alive and all that adds to our lives, Valentine's Day - to love much, Birthdays - a celebration of one's life, Halloween - candy! hahahaha). They do however mean much preparation and a lot of energy output :)

For Easter I wanted to have the house all peaceful in the morning, the candles lit, our verses ready to read and of course our Easter morning on the background.

I also had our lamb cupcakes out as our dessert for the day with the verse from Revelation 5:2, "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" as a reminder that the day is not just about a goodies, but about Jesus, the lamb of God, who died for sinners and rose again to conquer death. That is something worth celebrating.

All the preparation was worth it, not just because I was more excited :), but because when Anna came down in the morning she said, "Looky mommy ALL THE CANDLES ARE ON!" And then she said, "Jesus died," and I got to tell her the good news that yes, He was dead, but then He resurrected (or in her terms - He is alive and will NEVER die again). So during the day she would say, "Jesus is alive." I know she doesn't understand yet, but oh, how sweet to hear her absorbing things that have the potential to give her joy forever.

We went to church which is always a blast, and then we went on to my grandparents to celebrate the day with our family. It's so nice there and I am so grateful the kids get to make memories with their grandparents AND their great grandparents.

My grandparents have always had an Easter egg hunt for the "kids". I personally think I get a bigger kick watching my kids do it now :) Anna even found the secret egg which included a special gold coin.
Anyways, what a special holiday. Always sad to see them go :)

*I couldn't find swoops for the cupcakes so I improvised and use york peppermint patties. they were very easy to make.

Comments

  1. You're such an awesome mommy, and you have the sweetest girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that pic of Greg and Nadia!!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great family picture Lauren. love your hair! and the picture of greg and nadia!
    thanks for sharing God's love with your kids. so refreshing to see generations passing it on:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the repost Lauren! We will be making the lambs in honor of The Lamb!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts