Love It!

My husband did good :) Not only did he set up a pedicure for me (which, when you haven't had one for a LONG time feels DIVINE), watch the kids for me, and take us out for a family dinner, he also ordered me "Prayers Of An Excellent Wife."

You may be thinking "lame" - not only did I "ask" him to get it, it also seems aimed to benefit him. I HOPE IT WILL! BUT, it also benefits me and my family, too. That's the great thing about living a Christ-centered life instead of self-centered - it increases the joy of self, too.

Anyways, I finally cracked open the book today and I LOVE IT! I cried! It was different than I expected in that it not only encourages you to pray God's will for your husband, but WITH your husband. Now there's a thought! :) I love what the author writes as his reason for this...

"To the married woman I commend frequent use of these prayers with her husband, praying them over him from her heart, using his name. This should be the rule and not the exception, so that he is regularly reminded that his wife loves and respects him, and that the Word of God abounds with sanctifying power. For this reason a short exhortation or encouragement for him is included in many of the prayers, usually beginning with 'O beloved...' Take these as occasions to lift his spirit, to strengthen his soul, to sharpen his mind, to gladden his heart, to put a rock of confidence under his feet, to tenderly and humbly correct, and most of all, to point him to God as his all-satisfying joy." (Case, 13).

Beautiful! I love it! I love it, I love it, I love it!

What a way to bless our husbands and increase OUR love for him and our dear Savior. What an "easy" way to bring them joy and good. I love how the author chose the word "beloved" because that is what my husband is and I seldom tell him in such tender ways.

I highly recommend the book - even for those of you in difficult seasons of your marriage. I believe that if we humble ourselves and ask our husbands for the privilege to pray for them, out loud, in their presence, it will heal many broken places - in us, in them, and in our marriages.

YIPPEE for good authors!!!!

And in case you need further encouragement to get the book, it is only for "excellent" wives, which is of course, us ;) (If you are a guy, there is also a book by Andrew Case on prayers for wives - I think it's called "Water for Her" and soon to be released is one on prayers for our kids!!!)

Comments

  1. What kind of wife would ask for a present designed specifically to bless her husband? A great one!

    I love you, Lauren.

    -Daryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts