Easy Dessert

This weekend we were hosting a Bible study (which we LOVE by the way) at our house at 6:30. We arrived home from spending the weekend with my brother and sister (in-law, but I say it's all the same) in DC at about 5:15. I also planned to unload the car, tidy up a little more, bathe and feed the girls, and make a dessert. Uh, right...

Thankfully, a dessert many Sarah introduced me to (THANKS SO MUCH!) only takes a very short time and two ingredients!


I don't know what they are even called, but all you do is line a baking sheet with small pretzels (I prefer squares) and place a Rolo on top of each one. Then you bake them just until they are warm and slightly gooey (about 5 minutes)...I didn't even wait for the oven to reach 325 degrees...pull them out and press another pretzel on top of each Rolo, squishing it down just slightly. When they cool, they are heavenly! Chocolate, caramel and pretzels! MMMMmmmmMMMM.

Oh, and the girls did get baths but by the time I had dinner out, guests were arriving and Anna was far too intrigued to finish her healthy serving of peanut butter and jelly! She made up for it the following day finishing off the candy :) JUST KIDDING

Does anyone else have any quick snack/dessert ideas?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts