Blessings

I'm not going to lie - I wrote this a few days ago and didn't post it because I had to download some pictures - the past couple of days have been more difficult, so I'm glad to reread this again!...

This week God has been unbelievably kind to me to reveal some more of His kindness to me in so many forms!

Somehow, the girls and I survived Daryl being away without us (this has only happened one other time in our marriage - it just so happens that this time also fell on our anniversary - boo, but oh well!).  We actually survived well (thanks a lot to my mom and dad! and the company of good friends this morning), but the house was definitely missing someone :)  I was reminded of how fun it is to live with your best friend - and how that is a huge gift in itself.  I will confess though, I did enjoy one evening of solace - sipping hot tea in my bed, reading a fiction book once the kids went to bed, and the house did stay cleaner - hmmmm ;) ;)!

Since it was Daryl's spring break, I decided to impose one on the entire family - it's only fair, and we had a great week.

On Sunday I we were all worn out from a long weekend so we all took the longest nap ever.  We usually don't get to do this since we host a Bible study at our house at 4pm on Sundays, so I took one both Sundays we had cancelled for break.  Something I could definitely get used to.

I don't remember Monday, but on Tuesday we enjoyed taking them to the Pittsburgh Children's Museum.  Nadia was so thrilled by the rotating fish on the lamp poles in the parking lot that we could have gone home after that, but I'm glad we went in :)  Anna wanted to go back after her nap time - sadly, it's a little far for that.  A great day.


And so it will be, all too quickly

she did this over and over and over...



 Anna got to spend the night at my mom and dad's by herself and she had a blast, although she told us all, "Maybe next time Nadia can come, too."  Lol.  I love these kids.  

We also played outside quite a bit, but sadly, it didn't feel quite like "spring break".  Maybe more like winter solace.  Oh well.



While Daryl was gone we mostly ran errands, hung out with friends, and grandparents, etc.  Again, we were very glad to get him home.  

Then the other evening I went into to Anna's room as I often do before I go to bed to just give her one last kiss and think about how much I love her (I know, I'm a creeper like that lady in the Love You Forever book I always make fun of), and she was so still I had a moment of panic.  I quickly rushed to her bedside, placed my hand over her little chest and felt the immediate rush of relief with the first beat I felt of her heart that pulsed beneath my hand.

That moment, along with so many other times I have done the same thing, I was reminded of God's many graces to me with the sweet children He's provided.  Every day I have with each of my dear family is a G.I.F.T.  I think with them in my womb I sometimes am more aware that things may not go as I hope (I mean with more than 2 kids our chances statistically for miscarriage increase, right?), and I try to be grateful for every day (even if I'm puking).  But outside the womb, their life is just as fragile even though there aren't statistics shouting at me about how lucky I am to have passed such and such a week.  I certainly am not owed another day with them and nor do I deserve one.  I am not a recipient of justice or fairness, but surely of much mercy. 

So in a wave of emotions, I go back to my bed and cuddle up next to Daryl and tearfully tell him how much I cherish those dear girls in the rooms down the hall and want to remember every day.  He could say I'm crazy, but I think he agrees, so he smiles at me and says, "I know."  Oh, yeah, and he also knows he needs to be "tender" with me (mostly for his sake - haha). 

The next morning Nadia gets up slightly before Anna and once downstairs goes to the bottom of the steps and calls, "Anna (only it sounds like Eeena), Anna."  They annoy each other, but I have to say, the joy they take in one another is definitely a gift and often I am amazed that our house is noisy because they are laughing hysterically at each other. 

Here are some real life clips of the normal laughter in the house:



I just finished reading a book series by Karen Kingsbury which I liked even though it's probably sappy, and though it was fiction, the parents had often told their five children as they grew up together, "the people around this table will be your best friends forever."  I want my kids to have other best friends, too, I think that's important, but it definitely made me think it's something I want to encourage in them - to love eachother, encourage eachother and look out for eachother.  So far though, it seems God has made that pretty simple for them, and again, I'm reminded of His GRACE. 

Which leads us to baby 3.  I finally go to hear the heart beat (can we say relief?!) and on April 11th we find out if it's a boy who will carry on the family name, or another sweet little girl.  Either way, I'm glad God chooses.

And I think, all this and Heaven, too.

Comments

Popular Posts