Putting another iron or so in the fire

I've thought about this blog every now and then, but it didn't seem for a while that I had much to say.  I think though that may be in part due to the fact that amazingly I have been using more than enough words each day and being pregnant and having a home on the market and searching for a new one has left me fleeing into my bed as soon as the opportunity lends itself.  Finally a cure for my struggle to get in to bed at a decent time!  :)

Our house was listed about 3 weeks ago.  The process has been easier then I had anticipated in some ways and much more difficult in others.  Easier in that preparing it for showings hasn't been as bad as I've thought.  The girls have even started cleaning up after themselves more without guidance which is a good result no matter what happens!  And everyone seems surprised when their is a large mess somewhere (which I confess, irritates me a little - I can't do everything you see!).

Harder in the sense that deciding on what to do about if it sells is tricky business - reserving lots to build means your tied in to build there if you do sell, but if you don't reserve you might lose the lot,  and harder in the sense that not knowing what will happen is...well sometimes a little grueling. 

Honestly, if it doesn't sell, we're okay, even better than okay.  Sure we want more space, but we KNOW that God is over this and working His best for us, so if the house doesn't sell, we will rest knowing that this is what God wants for us.  But I'd like to know in advance whether we will or will not be moving - like yesterday actually ;)  Because if we are staying here, then forget this process!!!!  And the timing...the thought of moving the week before my due date or having no place to live while we wait for another one to be built with a newborn is something I SHOULD NOT even be thinking about.

Over and over again the Spirit has been kind to remind me "not to worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."  Matthew 6:34.  Often I get a good chuckle when I think about the verse - true enough I think as I scrub lipstick out of the carpet in my room. 

So, for now, we are just doing the next thing.  Tending to the current fevered child.  Preparing for our open house.  Blogging - although I don't know how that fits in.  Praying.  Making the next meal.  Answering the next phone call.  Washing the next load of clothes.  Playing the next game of chase.  Changing the next diaper.  Enjoying the next date night.  Preparing for the next Bible study.  And fending off worries I could have about tomorrow - will my girls soon be sharing a small room?  Will I be able to survive without napping all day with a new baby?  Will I have to?  When will I ever learn how to sow well? 

God has been so good to us!  So many times a day I see it - I have a warm and comfortable bed and get to sleep next to the best man I know.   And I have a house.  And a cute one.  With a view.  I have two precious daughters who bless me beyond words every day.  There is a baby growing in my belly - and yes, my belly's growing to (oh maternity clothes, I do loathe you).  The children are happy.  The body of Christ is blessing me beyond measure, spring is coming, and I am not where I deserve.  I am still living and breathing and experiencing life in the Kingdom.   Grace enough for me!  

Comments

  1. wow, you do have alot going on! sounds like us when I was pregnant with Emeline....we ended up moving when she was about 8 months, but we were trying to sell our house and find a new one the year before that....very exciting, I know God will bless you beyond what you can imagine! praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, ha the above comment was actually me, Amanda:) not sure why I can't sign my name:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so totally off the subject of your post, but I was wondering if you had pics of your little lamb cupcakes you did last year with Anna? I want to make those with the kids this year, if you don't mind me stealing the idea. They were so precious!
    Praying for your housing/pregnant/busy Mom and wife situation! Miss you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that time, Amanda! Thanks for the encouragement! Corie, I just posted a link tot that recipe above! love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts