Update

I haven't blogged in a long time.  Obviously it's not super high on my list of priorities.  Also, I've been in kind of a funk up until now :)  I am only somewhat kidding - the main kidding part is that I am still fighting to get out of my funk - some days I fight better than others.

Two quotes have been insanely helpful to me lately -

"I hear so many Christians, murmuring about their imperfections, and their failures, and their addiction, and their shortcomings.  And I see so little war!  Murmur, murmur, murmur.  Why am I this way?  Make war!"  - John Piper

"Be killing sin or it will be killing you."  - John Owens

(Wouldn't be able to guess one of Piper's favorite theologians would you?)

Anyways, life really, really is good.  And we've had some REALLY fun times this summer - visiting with friends, family from TX coming in, story time, dance lessons, mini trips, putt putt, dance parties, getting stuff for baby, ice cream, parties, etc :)

About a month ago we moved in with my parents because (piece of good news 1) our house sold and (piece of good news 2) our new house is being built - with a kitchen I am SO excited about - okay, so they really just plotted the grounds, etc, but ground is actually going to be broken this week (piece of good news 3 - this is the last piece I will point out; think of it like a treasure hunt from here on out). 

My parents have been really generous to us and actually seem to like having us here (or they are really good pretenders).  Either way, that's always good.  So, Mom and Dad, thank you for taking us in and being so great about it :)

We each have our own rooms.  Daryl has to share with me, but I'm pretty sure he knew that was how it was going to go down when he asked me to marry him.  In fact, maybe that's one of the reasons he asked...I digress...

The pregnancy is mostly good, too.  I can't believe our baby - who's name remains undecided (feel free to text Daryl and tell him to make a decision) will be here in like oh 20 days max.  Very good and very scary - not gonna lie.  Super excited to meet him, but definitely praying that having three won't be as hard as I'm envisioning :)

Bring on funk - lately I have not been fighting sin as I should.  I have not been wallowing, as my beloved Sunday school teacher says, in the promises of God and in His grace, but have been more introspective - seeing what I am not doing well, the things I am not accomplishing and feeling like maybe I won't get better, and despairing about it instead of just doing the next thing.


True, part of my problem is sleep deprivation.  Since moving in with my parents, I have been staying up later.  Maybe it's because I'm picking up after the kids more, or maybe it's because there are more people to talk to, but also because I've been doing some more Pampered Chef stuff, more sewing projects, and trying to get at least somewhat prepared for baby boy - we do have a dresser now, and some clothes and some diapers.  Excited about that.  Very excited about that. Also, Daryl is a lot of fun, so I like to blame him a lot for me staying up late :) 

The kids have been sleeping poorly here, too - one sick, the other sick, one teether, and one having a hard time adjusting the first week to not being home.  Having to go up two flights of stairs to get to them hasn't been that exciting either - especially when for some reason my body thinks it's cool to start having Braxton Hicks contractions the moment I stand up out of bed - maybe the adrenaline?!  I would love to tell my body it can stop practicing and preparing for labor because we are having a c-section this time, but I know that won't help.  So I'm not only waddling because I've gained so much weight this time, but also because those like to hit at inopportune times and I feel like I can't move.

Regardless, I could go to bed earlier.  And, on long nights, I still can rely on new mercies in the morning.  But in my funk, in my lack of war, I have been a murmurer more, not so much a fighter. 

There are some major life changes going on here - I'm about to have my third c-section in four years (which does have it's pros, but I am not exactly excited about being cut in half again ;) or recovery), I will soon have a newborn, and a boy - and I've heard they spray pee a lot - and we are inbetween houses living on someone elses graces :)  But truth is, God is the same as He was yesterday - and He will be the same tomorrow.  Truth is, I ought to be absolutely delighted in Him and enjoying all the gifts He's giving me.  Truth is, it's my own fault I'm in a funk :)

So, now you know.  I am fighting.  Sometimes well, sometimes not at all.  Pray for me to be killing sin.  It's been a season where I am sure God is drawing sin out of me to kill it off and help me love Him and enjoy Him more, but I have not been the best soldier :)  In fact, I'm a pansy.  So pray for me (and maybe more, for those who have to actually live with me),  :)  and join me in boot camp if you need to.  May His grace be all the more evident as it is obvious I don't deserve it :)

And because no one likes a blog without pictures - here you go (I just unpacked our camera here, so these aren't the most current - but some are :))...



Sweet, Sweet Nadia



Our old view















Anna with her grown up Bible - ready for sitting in grown up Church :)






Me trying to get good pictures of the girls.  In the one below you will see Nadia is crying.  Probably shouldn't have put the rocking chair on a hillside :)  But thanks for the cute outfits Aunt Pam!!!



Anna's first dance class...She has really loved dance!



Birthday party fun...

With their neighborhood girlfriend :) 


Comments

  1. To my dearest Lauren. Actors we are not! We love having all of you with us during this season. We are making memories that will live on long after you move to your new home. We may even choose to not clean those little finger prints from our glass doors for a long while after you leave. Get some rest and relish in the joy that God has already forgiven ALL of our sins. Yes we need to strive to “kill sin”, but He also wants us to live a life of joy because He has already taken care of those sins. These days too will pass, but He will walk us through them. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts