Moving On


We have been sick for a solid three weeks.  Nothing terrible, but all night coughing, all day runny noses (which is really gross when you have a house full of little ones), body aches, etc. 

I can't remember exactly the last time I left the house with all of our children for fun.  I know for certain we have missed church and story time for two consecutive weeks and we lived off my last weekly grocery run for 11 days.  While our delinquency in book returning is sure to annoy the librarians, I like to look at it like "it's people like me who keep the libraries in business."  :)  Don't burst my bubble on that one.

That said, I am still sane, and oddly enough, I've actually enjoyed (for the most part) a life without activity and my kids seem to as well.  Maybe the simple life is the way to go ;)  

Here are some things that have happened along the way:
  • We went through an entire stock pile of tissues we bought at Sam's and are now halfway through the second load.
  • Daryl has changed the kids humidifiers more times than I can count and our trash pile always seems exponentially larger than our neighbors.   I'm glad these are his jobs :) 
  • I am pretty sure the 80% of the days we've been home I really haven't showered until around 2pm.  For anyone who remembers the guy who worked in the same office building as me who told me (AFTER I announced that I was quitting to be a SAHM) that he was so glad his wife didn't do that, because SAHMs only ever wore sweatsuits and hardly put on makeup, I proved his point these past two weeks.  That said, I did at least shower every day.
  • When the mail man delivers something to the house he looks in the windows either side of the door and waves enthusiastically if he sees us.  Because I believe this has to be against USPS etiquette I would like to state that if he sees me in my underwear because someone just peed on me or running around holding a nursing baby because I'm trying to stop an impending disaster with one of the other children it's his own fault.  
  • Aaron has started sitting up AND his first tooth has broken through!  Way to go, buddy!
  • The other day Anna Grace came sleepily out of her room after nap time and saw me carrying Aaron and Nadia.  With her best pouty face she whined, "Mom, I want you to carry meeee."  I gave her my best "that's insane look" and laughed, to which she laughed and said, "Mom, I wish you were an octopus.  Then you could have an arm for Nadia, Aaron, and me.  And you'd have one for Daddy because you love us all."  :)  I told her that I'd have to live under water to which she replied, "You could be a dry octopus, mom."  
  • I really love our neighborhood and am thankful for the women I've met here. 
  • I just got interrupted writing this blog by Nadia who I heard singing from her bed.  When I asked her what she was doing she said, "I'm jus singing that I love you."  Well, sing on child.  **This is the same child that lately when I remind her in the course of discipline that I love her wails, "but I don't love you!"  Sadly though, I think the drama was inherited.  Oh, for the grace of God.
  • My husband is awesome.  He always has been, but there are some specific areas of growth that have happened since we've been married that show up a lot in times like these - noticing more things that need done/picking up where I'm slacking/caring for me very practically (like getting up with kids, etc.  Thanks, honey!  
  • I always write too much for one post, so I'll stop now.  Well, after saying, I love them so much!

Grace and peace!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts